Thursday, December 25, 2008

el segundo

Pheww... I survived to craft another day (but just barely). I'll share a sneak peek at the flamingo quilt I made for mom, complete with nine fused flamingo appliques. I'm such an enabler, and this piece takes the cake. Mom loved it, and she's somewhere in Georgia enjoying it right now. And my favorite part: a free motion stitched note to my mom (i heart pam pam). As soon as I have an action shot of the quilt in use (in my mom's camper with all her other flamingo gear, including the stained glass panel I made her last year), I promise to post it, in all its pink and lime green glory.


In other quilting news, here's a mini quilt I made for my pal, Beth. More fused appliques, with a flower design I've been planning for a while. I think I'd like to do a little more experimentation with this theme, but the best laid quilting plans...



And okay, okay, I can't help myself. Here's one more piece. I call it "trees," and it's probably one of my favorite mini quilts. The stitching in the background is done with a mixture of free motion stitching (at the curved ends) and stitching with the foot down. My mom is giving this piece to her gal friends Cookie and Jolene... it's nice to know it will have a good home.


More crafts to come... especially since I have all of next week off: woohoo! I'm thinking some more block prints... and maybe some experiments printing on fabric. I might also make some fabric earrings.

No comments:

Post a Comment