Friday, May 1, 2009

apron-tastic!

May means my mom's birthday is near. Time to whip out something in her favorite color scheme: magenta and green. I actually worked on this apron (from A is for Apron) in our beginning sewing workshop at Lark. I did fight the urge to add flamingo paraphernalia (just barely). And I couldn't resist posing in front of our impossibly-pink azalia: I just love spring!

I'm also finishing up a mini quilt for my friend's wedding gift. I turned their wedding invitation insignia into an applique design. Here I'm just about 1/3 of the way through... but none of this would have been possible without fusible web. That stuff changed my life.

After all this follow-the-lines sewing, I'm in the mood for something a little more freeform... Pods anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment