Thursday, February 25, 2010

kelpies attack!

Hmmm.... know why I love crafty quilters so much? We all have a favorite color. Some people haven't had that since kindergarten, but we quilters always have a current fave (or 14). I'm having a brief love affair with teal at the moment, but what's more... these kelpy shapes and I are just about to celebrate our 1 1/2 year anniversary. It's been a lovely romance, bordering on obssession at times, but I'm still in the throws and loving it.

These kelpies are hanging in my office and they just make me happy. Do not adjust your screen: there are two of them, mirror images in fact. They're actually based on a design I created for Pretty Little Mini Quilts (a Lark Book due out any minute)... but more on that later. For now, just kelpy fever!

8 comments:

  1. I love these mini quilts! And I am with you on the teal; it's just a great color on the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute mini quilt! Thanks also for the tutorial for old lamp. I should do the same soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much for stopping by everyone! you know, I wish the colors showed up a little better in the photos: the teal/aqua is actually a bit more green in real life. and henny - glad you found the tutorial helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That teal is pretty sweet but I swear I love your kelpy shapes so much I could squeal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your kelp quilts. I am a teal lover. From kindergarten until now, I have always drifted to the blue/green or green/blue color in the Crayola box. When I was growing up in the 50's there wasn't a teal crayon in the box so I had to settle for what I could get.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous! I love the shape of the kelpies.

    ReplyDelete