Thursday, May 12, 2011

bird-a-month: may (and more mushrooms!)

It's May, friends! Official start of the picnic season, one of my very favoritest things about summer, and a natural pick for this month's installment. The mini patchwork blanket was fun (but don't look too closely, mkay?), but the grass stitching is probably my favorite element. It was something I added at the last minute, after I thought I was done with this one. Does that ever happen to you? At any rate, I'm glad I added it.And, of course, more mushrooms, this time a little group shot. Fingers crossed that I actually get into the show/sale I'm prepping for, though I'm sure I can think of something to do with all these cuties if not...

And good news on the house hunt front... we'll know in a matter of two weeks whether or not we'll be moving into an absolutely dreamy spot here in Asheville, complete with a dedicated (and lovely) sewing spot for yours truly (which would make me a very happy - very lucky, very blessed - gal!). I'll keep you posted. And in the meantime, we'd appreciate any finger crossing you can spare!

1 comment: